Welcome to the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Queen's University
The department is committed to excellence in both research and teaching.
Browse through our Undergraduate programs in both Arts and Science and Applied Science as well as
our graduate programs.
News & Events
- Tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor - 2015
- Ryan Kavanagh recipient of NSERC-CMS Math in Moscow Scholarship
- Math Quest: Queen's Math Camp for (High School) Girls August 11 - 14, 2014
- Tom Higgins, Artsci'79, supports the Queen's Math Quest summer program, an on-campus camp for girls.
- Prof. Agnes Herzberg wins the 2014 Lise Manchester Award
- Hector Pasten Vasquez, this year's Governor-General Academic Gold Medalist
- Andrew Hoefel, Patrick Reynolds, awarded Applied Science First Year Teaching and Learning Award
- Graph Theory, Matrix Theory and Interactions - A Conference to celebrate the scholarship of David Gregory - (102 KB)
- In honor of Ram Murty's 60th birthday - SCHOLAR - a Scientific Celebration Highlighting Open Lines of Arithmetic Research
- Troy Day, winner of the 2013 Queen's University Prize in Research
- David A. Gregory - A Celebration of Life
- Troy Day, Tamas Linder receive NSERC Discovery Grant Accelerator Supplement
- Tamas Linder Elected IEEE Fellow
Talks & Seminars
- October 24, 2014 - Robert Kipka, Queen's University - Pontryagin maximum principle for control problems on infinite-dimensional manifolds
- October 17, 2014 - Dr. Yuqing Lin, University of Newcastle, Australia - The number of maximal state circles of plane graphs
- October 10, 2014 - Dinesh Thakur, University of Rochester - What should pi, e, zeta(2), zeta(3), Gamma(1/2), Gamma(1/7) etc. be if the integers are replaced by polynomials?
- October 3, 2014 - Ashish Khisti, University of Toronto - Coding for Real-Time Streaming Communication
- September 19, 2014 - David Wehlau, RMC and Queen's University - Hilbert Functions of Artinian rings with S_n actions
- September 12, 2014 - Jonathan Novak, MIT - Central limit theorem for lozenge tilings of sawtooth domains