Instructor: Serdar Yuksel
- [Assignment 1] Due on Jan. 30th
- [Solutions 1]
- [Assignment 2] Due on Feb. 28th
- [Solutions 2]
- [Assignment 3] Due on March 8th, before noon.
- [Solutions 3]
- [Assignment 4] Due on April 10th.
- [Solutions 4]
- [Course Syllabus]
- [Supplemental Lecture Notes]
- [Bruce Hajek: "An Exploration of Random Processes for Engineers"]
- [S. Meyn: Control Techniques for Complex Networks]
- [S. Meyn and R. Tweedie: "Stochastic Stability and Markov Chains"]
- [A Survey Paper on Average Cost Optimal Control]
The presentations will take place on April 8th from 9am to 12:30 in Jeff 234.
9:48- Amy, Daniel and Raner
10:36- A short break
11:11- Julie, Julie, Sam and Sara
11:27- Dylan and Nick
11:43- Curtis, Graeme, James and Michael
11:59- Greg, Ian, Kerem and Mark
- The project reports are due on April 20th. These should be less than 8 pages (reasonable font) and roughly contain the following: 1/3 of the report should focus on the problem description, known results and a literature review sufficient enough to reflect your knowledge of the field;1/3 of the report on the paper's main contributions and results; you do not need to give details of the proofs; and 1/3 of the report should be on your review and critique of the paper.
- The midterm will take place on March 9th at 6:30pm-8:30pm in Jeffery 234.
- Midterm Results: Undergrads: Average 69, max 98 (15 points bonus added); Grads: Average 76, max 97 (10 points bonus added).
Incomplete List of Possible Project Topics and
Some sample reports from previous semesters: Andrew Brennan, Jeff Calder, Naci Saldi, Ben Wallace, M. Ebeling-Rump, M. Kao, Z. Hervieux-Moore