- Krupp, D., Kim, J., Taylor, P. and Barclay, P. 2014. Cooperation and Competition in Large Classrooms. HEQCO Research Report [PDF]
- Taylor, P. 2014. My students deserve better. For the Learning of Mathematics 34 1: 34-35 [PDF]
- Kajander, A., Mason, R., Taylor, P., Doolittle, E., Boland, T., Jarvis, D., and Maciejewski, W. 2010. Multiple visions of teachers' understandings of mathematics. For the Learning of Mathematics 30: 50-56 [PDF]
- Taylor, P. 2009. Essay on A and B. Education Notes 41 2 [PDF]
- Taylor, P. 2009. Why the sky is still falling. Notice of the AMS [PDF]
- Kingston Rotary Club Breakfast Speaker. An interesting photographic problem. January 2007.
- Will the real Q please step forward? 9th annual symposium on innovative teaching, Simon Fraser University, May, 2007
- 2007. Mathematical Lens. Mathematics Teacher 101: 179-182 [PDF]
- "Last Lecture," Queen's MiniU, May 2011 God is also a mathematician. [PDF]
- Keynote Speaker: Workshop on Preparation of students for the preparatory-year program at the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Sept 2006.
- The Adrian Pouliot Prize Lecture. The structure of a mathematics curriculum. CMS Winter Meeting, Toronto [PDF]
- Canadian Club Luncheon Speaker. What's wrong with the high school curriculum?
- What the history of art can teach us about teaching. MAA Seaway Banquet address [PDF]
- Banquet Speaker, "Whitehead's stage of romance" CUMC Annual Meeting, Kingston
- The teacher as artist: a letter to my colleagues. MAA Focus 24: 8-9 [PDF]
- Review of the CUPM Curriculum Guidelines 2004. MAA Online. [PDF]
- Working Group co-leader. Rethinking math thinking in secondary math classes. CMS Math Education Forum. Montreal 16-18
- CMS Winter Meeting. December 2003. Vancouver. Education Session. The tyranny of reality.[PDF]
- Speaker: Inquiry and design, Canadian Math Society Winter Meeting, Ottawa.
- "Training" our students. Canadian J. of Math, Science and Technology 1 (2000) 110-116 (with Nathalie Sinclair). [PDF]
- Taylor, P. and Sinclair, N. 2000. Regular Lecturer, Reinventing the Teacher, International Congress of Mathematics Education, Tokyo [PDF]
- Plenary Speaker Changing the Culture Conference, Post-modernism and High School Math Education. PIMS Simon Fraser University
- Jesus of Montreal Feb. 1994, Benny and Joon, Feb. 1995.
- The MacClement Lecture, Mathematics and Poetry. Queen's University Fac. of Education [PDF]
- Royal Canadian Institute Lecture: The calculus revolution: right revolution--wrong subject, Toronto
- Complex Variables: the poetry and music of W.J. Barnes, Quarry press, 1994. 131 pp. (with D. Helwig).
[Until his sudden death in 1992 Bill Barnes was my co-teacher for the Math and Poetry course at Queen's (IDIS 303).
That same year he won a 3-M fellowship. Many of his poems are quite fine. Email me for a copy of the book.]
- The Avis Memorial Lecture, Portrait of the artist as a young cadet, Royal Military College
- Calculus, The Analysis of Functions, Wall & Emerson, Toronto, 480
- ODYSSEY, LaSalle High School Musical Production (with M.J. Taylor, and R. Upitis)
- Panelist: The Power of Teaching and Learning, SFU Centre for University Teaching, Vancouver. Madame Sousatska.
- Care, not Speed, IEEE Canadian Review No. 11.
- NSF Calculus Conference, San Antonio, Oct. 5-8
- The Randolph Lecture: Calculus, where are we going? Seaway Section, MAA, Oswego, NY.
- The Trial of Judas Iscariot: an Easter Service of Holy Communion, Sydenham St. United Church.
- Zen in the art of archery and teaching, Journal of Literary Theory 4, 73-81.
- On Virgil: my opening lecture to Mathematics 120, For the Learning of Mathematics 1: 49-52.